Yummers. That is this recipe summed up into one word. Many thanks to NancyCreative for this recipe. It is comforting and so tasty. Enjoy!
Notes: I made this for our Christmas breakfast in 2013 and made the following alterations. I used the 28 oz. bag of Yukon Select Hashed Browns (Alexa brand) which have garlic, onion, white pepper and sea salt. I used a can of cream of celery soup instead of chicken. I added just a bit of shredded cheese to the top before adding the cornflake topping. Using these alterations, it was the best tasting hashbrown casserole I have ever had.
Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole with Corn Flake Topping
Makes a 9" x 13" pan
- 2 lbs. frozen hash browns, thawed
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted and divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint (2 cups) sour cream (regular or light)
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350-f degrees. Lightly spray a 9"x13" baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine thawed hash browns with 1/2 cup melted butter and all the remaining ingredients except the corn flakes. Spread into baking dish.
3. Mix 1/4 cup melted butter and the crushed corn flakes together and sprinkle over top of casserole.
4. Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 1 hour. Serve hot.
Recipe from NancyCreative