Sweet Sausage Rolls were a recipe I originally made something like 5-10 years ago and just never got around to taking pictures. Better late than never, right?
It is a very rich, comforting sort of breakfast dish. It definitely leans to the sweet side of sweet and savory. The crescent rolls stay pretty soft even after baking and soak up a bunch of the sweet, buttery sauce.
The recipe doesn’t specify which type of nuts to use, so go with whatever is your preference and affordable for you. I used walnuts but pecans would also be great. Enjoy!
Sweet Sausage Rolls
Makes 2 dozen
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 24 miniature smoked sausage links
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into triangles; cut each lengthwise into three triangles. Place sausages on wide end of triangles; roll up tightly.
- Lightly spray a 9×13-inch baking dish. Combine the melted butter, nuts, honey and brown sugar in the baking dish. Arrange sausage rolls, seam side down, in butter mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
Adapted from Taste of Home.