Tart cherries in a silky sour cream pie. This pie is delish! Served warm or cold, it is the perfect end to any meal.
A bonus to this recipe is that you don’t have to wait for summer for cherries to be in season. Canned sour cherries work out just perfect for this pie.
Tart Sour Cream Cherry Pie
- 2 cans red tart cherries 14.5 ounce cans, drained
- 1 unbaked pastry shell 9 inches
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar plus 2 tablespoons, devided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream 8 ounces
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp whipped cream for the garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°
For the filling:
- Arrange cherries evenly in the pastry shell. Dot with butter. In a large bowl, combine 1-3/4 cups sugar, flour and salt. Stir in the eggs, sour cream and lemon juice. Spread evenly over cherries. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30 minutes longer or until topping is set. Cool for 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before cutting. Garnish with whipped cream when serving, if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.