Tart cherries in a silky sour cream pie. This pie is delish! Served warm or cold, it is the perfect end to any meal.
A bonus to this recipe is that you don’t have to wait for summer for cherries to be in season. Canned sour cherries work out just perfect for this pie.
Tart Cherry Sour Cream Pie
Makes 8 servings
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces) red tart cherries in water, drained
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- garnish: whipped cream
- Arrange cherries evenly in the pastry shell. Dot with butter. In a large bowl, combine 1-3/4 cups sugar, flour and salt. Stir in the eggs, sour cream and lemon juice. Spread evenly over cherries. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30 minutes longer or until topping is set. Cool for 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before cutting. Garnish with whipped cream when serving, if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.