Let’s get right to it. These are the best biscuits with sausage gravy that I have ever tasted. Two ingredients that may surprise you are the maple flavored sausage and cream cheese. Traditional sausage gravy is thickened using flour. Not the case with this recipe. Please try it, it is absolutely incredible.
Many thanks to Cassie Craves for this recipe. I have pinned several dozen recipes from her site, particularly a lot of dinner recipes. Be sure to visit her if you are in the need of new recipes for quick dinners.
Pretty Damn Amazing Biscuits with Sausage Gravy
Makes about 4-6 servings
- 1 package refrigerated biscuits (I prefer frozen Southern Style Pillsbury Grands! biscuits)
- 1 pound ground maple-flavored sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 8-ounce block cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 to 1 cup milk
- Salt to taste
- At least 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Prepare biscuits according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, brown sausage in 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat.
- When sausage is cooked through, reduce heat to medium and add cream cheese, stirring to melt and combine. Add milk to desired thickness (I like a thick gravy, so I usually only use about 1/2 cup). Add salt and pepper and heat until bubbly.
- Serve over open-faced buttered biscuits.