Tender muffins jam packed with sweet and tart blueberries. A sugar sprinkling on top make these extra tasty!
These muffins truly are bursting with blueberries. As such, I will note that they were a little bit tricky to get out of the muffin pan if you don’t use any sort of muffin/cupcake liner, so I would suggest using those.
Bursting Blueberry Muffins
- 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar plus extra for topping
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease cupcake liners in a 12-count muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together butter and 1 cup sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Stir in milk.
- Combine dry ingredients in another bowl then add into the creamed mixture. Stir to combine. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased muffin cups about 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops with sugar. Bake in the preheated 375 F oven for about 20 minutes (or until lightly browned).