These muffins truly are bursting with blueberries. As such, I will note that they were a little bit tricky to get out of the muffin pan if you don’t use any sort of muffin/cupcake liner, so I would suggest using those.
This recipe came from Tasty Kitchen. In the description of the recipe, the person who submitted it said that they were a whole grain muffin, but in her recipe there was no whole grain flour mentioned. I used regular flour and it turned out delicious. I am not much of a blueberry fan in general but I thought these were delicious, especially with the sparkly sugar topping. Enjoy!
Bursting Blueberry Muffins
Makes about 12
- ½ cups Butter
- 1 cup Sugar. Plus 1 Tablespoon For Topping
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cups Milk
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoons Ground Nutmeg
- 2 cups Fresh Or Frozen Blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a 12-count muffin tin. Set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, cream together butter and 1 cup sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Stir in milk.
3. Combine dry ingredients (everything else except the berries) in another bowl then add this into the creamed mixture. Stir to combine. Gently fold in blueberries.
4. Fill greased muffin cups about 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops with the remaining sugar. Bake in the preheated 375 F oven for about 20 minutes (or until lightly browned).