Cheesy Squash Casserole is a comforting side dish full of vegetables with a buttery, crunchy topping. Yellow squash, onion, carrots and bell pepper are mixed with chicken and celery soup and sour cream for a creamy side dish.
This would be great with a roast chicken or pork tenderloin. So delicious!
Recommended Side Dish Recipes
Cheesy Squash Casserole Recipe
- 9″x13″ Baking Pan
- 4 cups yellow squash chopped (2 medium squash)
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 carrots peeled & chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 3 Tablespoons lemon thyme fresh OR 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 8 ounces Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing Mix
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Preheat an oven to 350-f degrees. Prep all the vegetables and cut into bite sized pieces. Cook in a small amount of olive oil and butter until tender. (They shouldn’t get brown at all, remember to keep the heat medium-low.)
- Lightly spray a 9×13″ casserole dish. Combine melted butter with Pepperidge Farm herb stuffing mix. Sprinkle a layer of the buttered crumbs on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Mix together sour cream, cream of chicken soup, cream of celery, and the cooked squash mixture. Sprinkle with lemon thyme.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese. Add the remaining buttered crumbs.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Recipe source: adapted from Silver Foodie.