This Creamy Carrot Casserole features carrots baked in a cream sauce and topped with buttery crushed cornflakes. This comforting side dish goes perfectly alongside a roast chicken.
Mixed in the casserole is sharp cheddar cheese for some great flavor.
Recommended Side Dish Recipes
Creamy Carrot Cornflakes Casserole
Creamy Carrot Casserole features carrots baked in a cream sauce and topped with buttery crushed cornflakes. This comforting side dish goes perfectly alongside a roast chicken.
- 9″x13″ Baking Pan
- Large Sauté Pan
- 3 cups cornflakes crushed to 1 cup
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter divided
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 lbs. crinkle-cut carrots cooked and drained
- 1 tbsp. parsley flakes
- Combine crumbs and 4 tbsp. melted butter; set aside.
- Add onion to remaining butter. Saute over low heat. Add flour, salt and pepper. Stir in cream and half and half in 1/2 cup increments.
- Increase heat to medium; cook until bubbly and thickened, stirring constantly. Add cheese; stir until smooth. Stir in cooked carrots and parsley.
- Spread in greased 9 x 13” baking dish. Sprinkle with crumb mixture. Cover casserole with foil.
- Bake in 350° oven about 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes or until bubbly and crumbs are golden.
Calories: 451kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 12gFat: 33gSaturated Fat: 20gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 604mgPotassium: 561mgFiber: 4gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 20261IUVitamin C: 13mgCalcium: 331mgIron: 4mg