Sweet and cinnamon Shredded Apple Pie is a twist on a classic dessert. The consistency of course is different than a traditional apple pie, but the taste is different as well. Eggs in the shredded apple mixture create a wonderful flavor.
Shredded Apple Pie is not something I’d heard of until I tried this delicious pie. My mother commented that the texture and taste reminded her a bit of pecan pie, which I agree on.
This is a very sweet pie indeed. I think you could safely get away with cutting the sugar down to using one cup total, if you prefer. I was blown away at how good this pie was. Enjoy!
Recommended delicious fruit pie recipes!
Unbelievably Good Shredded Apple Pie
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 medium honeycrisp apples peeled and shredded (comes to 3 cups total) – I use a cheese grater
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar, butter, flour, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and eggs with a hand mixer on medium speed. Beat until combined.
- Fold in the shredded apples. Pour mixture into the unbaked pie shell. Bake for 55-60 minutes. Let cool 1 hour before serving.
Recipe slightly adapted from Life In the Lofthouse.