Delicious and an easy week night meal, Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches have a little bit of a zing to them from the pepperoncini peppers. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches
Makes 6 sandwiches
- 2-3 lb chuck roast
- 1 packet Zesty Italian dressing mix (Regular Italian dressing mix works too)
- 1 14.5-oz can beef broth
- 3/4 cup pepperoncini peppers
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Place roast in crock pot. Pour in beef broth and sprinkle packet of Italian dressing mix on top. Add in pepperoncini peppers and stir contents around a bit. Cook on low for 9 hours.
- Use 2 forks to shred meat. Add in sliced bell peppers. Cook an additional hour.
- Slice hoagie rolls in half and toast under the broiler for 2 minutes. Pile on shredded meat with peppers, then top with sliced cheese. Return to broiler for 1 minute to fully melt cheese.
Recipe from Butter with a Side of Bread.