Delicious and an easy week night meal, Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches have a little bit of a zing to them from the pepperoncini peppers.
Let the slow cooker do the work with these flavorful Italian Beef Sandwiches. They cook low and slow so be sure to get this going early on in the day.
Recommended Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 2-3 lb chuck roast
- 1 packet Zesty Italian dressing mix Regular Italian dressing mix works too
- 14.5- oz can beef broth
- 3/4 cup pepperoncini peppers
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Place roast in crock pot. Pour in beef broth and sprinkle packet of Italian dressing mix on top. Add in pepperoncini peppers and stir contents around a bit. Cook on low for 9 hours.
- Use 2 forks to shred meat. Add in sliced bell peppers. Cook an additional hour.
- Slice hoagie rolls in half and toast under the broiler for 2 minutes. Pile on shredded meat with peppers, then top with sliced cheese. Return to broiler for 1 minute to fully melt cheese.
Recipe from Butter with a Side of Bread.