Slow Cooker Onion Pork Chops With Creamy Mustard Sauce
The new favorite dinner at our house are these delicious pork chops. The combination of onions, wine and dijon make the most amazing sauce. Two quick notes: This recipe makes a lot of sauce, so I prefer making six pork chops so none is wasted. Secondly, I recommend cooking it on low and not high. While it is tempting to save time and cook it on high, the pork chops definitely came out tough. Low and slow is the way to go with this one.
Crock Pot Oniony Pork Chops with Creamy Mustard Sauce
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 to 6 pork chops, 1-inch thick
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
1. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and brown pork chops on both sides; place in bottom of slow cooker when browned.
2. In same skillet, reduce heat to medium and saute onions until softened; add garlic, dry mustard, salt and pepper, and cayenne and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
3. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add vinegar and wine and cook until thickened.
4. Pour this mixture over pork chops, put lid on crock pot and cook on Low for 4 to 5 hours or on High for 2 to 2-1/2 hours (I did Low for 4-1/2 hours), or just until pork is tender.
5. Remove pork chops from slow cooker and place on a warmed platter.
6. Stir Dijon mustard and whipping cream into juices in slow cooker; when well combined, turn slow cooker off and pour sauce over chops on platter and serve immediately.
This sounds like an amazing flavour combination… pinned!
(¸.·´ (¸.·`¤… Jennifer
What great looking pork chops and I love the creamy mustard sauce!