Probably the best recipe that was made for Easter was this dish for Fancy Peas and Mushrooms. Holy cow is it good! It truly is an amazing recipe. Not only is it simple but it requires few ingredients and the end result will knock your socks off. Make this immediately, don’t wait!
Fancy Peas and Mushrooms
Makes about 8-10 servings
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon paste or chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup cooked and chopped bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter and saute onion and mushrooms. Add chicken granules. Add peas, bacon, salt, pepper and sour cream; cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a medium sized casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes until heated through and bubbling.
Recipe from Chef in Training.