Flavorful sausage and cream cheese are rolled up in crescent dough, sliced and baked to make the perfect party food!
These little pinwheels are great party food. You could add in seasonings or various flavored sausage if you like but it is delicious just the way it is.
- crescent dough
- cream cheese
I would love to try using puff pastry and possibly maple sausage since I have experienced many times the deliciousness that is maple sausage + cream cheese.
Looking for more appetizers? Check these out!
- Mushroom Puff Pastry Bites
- Hot Ham and Cheese Crescents
- Sausage Cream Cheese Rotel Crescents
- Cheesy Shrimp Ciabatta
- Braunschweiger Spread
- Maple Sausage Cream Cheese Crescents
- BBQ Meatballs
- Summer Sausage and Cheese Delights
Sausage Cream Cheese Pinwheels
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper Sheets
- 2 tubes crescent dough
- 1 lb. sausage cooked and fat drained
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- Open the tubes of crescent dough and lay out on a piece of parchment paper. Press the seams together so there aren’t any large gaps.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sausage and cream cheese and stir to combine. Add the mixture evenly between the two sheets of crescent dough. Roll up the longer sides into a pinwheel. Wrap tightly in parchment or plastic wrap and chill for an hour or longer.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375-f degrees. Slice into 1/2″ thick pieces (slice thinner if you prefer, baking time may be less if thinner) and bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 10-14 minutes, until lightly browned on the edges. Let cool and transfer to a platter.