Unbreaded Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos are a healthier option than the traditional fried dish while still having all those wonderful sweet and spicy flavors!
Sweet and savory Bang bang shrimp tacos have been making the rounds everywhere and for good reason – they are fresh and delicious! I wanted to lighten up the standard recipe by swapping out unbreaded shrimp. Utilizing cooked shrimp saves time and calories this way, which I am always a fan of.
- tortillas – white or corn. I prefer the 6″ tortillas but use whatever you like
- cooked shrimp
- fresh limes & fresh cilantro
- For the spicy sauce: Thai sweet chili sauce, sriracha sauce, honey & mayo
- For the cilantro coleslaw: fresh cilantro, sour cream, mayo, fresh lime juice, salt and coleslaw mix
The bang bang sauce and cilantro coleslaw both come together super fast. Using a bag of shredded coleslaw mix saves a bit of time. Feel free to tweak both of these to suit your tastes. I would taste both as is and see what you’d like to add, such as more sriracha, lime juice or cilantro.
Looking for more shrimp recipes? Check these out!
- Mozzarella Shrimp Bite Phyllo Cups
- Spicy Creole Shrimp Dip
- Shrimp Salad Sandwiches
- Shrimp Louis Pasta Salad
- Cajun Shrimp Dip
Unbreaded Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos
- 12 6" tortillas corn or flour, whatever you prefer
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked shrimp peeled and deveined, warmed over stovetop in light oil spray
- fresh limes wedges to squeeze juice over tacos
- extra cilantro for garnish chopped
Bang bang sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sriracha use less if you prefer it less spicy
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- pinch sea salt
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the slaw ingredients except for the coleslaw. Mix well. Add cabbage and mix well to coat.
Bang bang sauce:
- Combine all of the bang bang sauce ingredients in a bowl, stir well to combine.
- Warm the shrimp in a sauté pan on the stovetop to warm through. Be careful not to overcook as they will become tough/rubbery.
- Add slaw to a tortilla. Top with shrimp. Drizzle with bang bang sauce. Garnish with extra lime juice and chopped cilantro.