This creamy baked dip is filled with Cajun spices, cream cheese, bell peppers, onion and shrimp. Serve with toasted baguette slices and enjoy!
I’ve had great success with spicy shrimp dips. You can’t go wrong with Cajun seasoning, shrimp and cream cheese. This dip is a bit different than my popular Spicy Creole Shrimp Dip. That particular dip has cheddar cheese and jalapenos and is a much ‘saucier’ style of dip.
This dip, however, is all about the shrimp and Cajun spices. We absolutely loved it. It isn’t the prettiest dip but it is one of the best tasting I’ve ever made.
Recommended Shrimp Recipes
Cajun Shrimp Dip
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 large bell pepper seeded and diced small (I used orange)
- 2 ribs celery diced small
- 6 green onions chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1½ tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1½ lbs. large shrimp cooked and chopped
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Toasted baguette slices for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400˚ F.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper and celery to the pan and sauté until beginning to soften, about 6 minutes. Stir in the green onions, garlic, and Cajun seasoning. Cook 1 minute more, just until fragrant.
- Stir in the shrimp, cream cheese, and Parmesan. Stir over low heat until the cream cheese is melted and everything is evenly mixed. Spoon the mixture into a baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is browned and bubbling. Serve warm with toasted baguette slices.
Adapted from Annie’s Eats.
A few more tasty recipes for the road!