I like to use chicken thighs for a recipe like this, but feel free to use chicken breasts. Keep in mind that the chicken needs to marinate a few hours at least, preferably overnight.
We are charging through Mardi Gras month! Be sure to check out all the other tasty recipes.
This dinner is amazing all around. Easy to prepare and it has tons of great flavors. Enjoy!
Cajun Ranch Chicken with Alfredo Penne
Makes about 6 servings
- For the chicken:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup prepared ranch dressing (not the dry mix)
- 3 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar, or to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or thighs
- For the pasta:
- 16 oz. penne pasta
- 2 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- To prepare the chicken: In a medium bowl, stir together the olive oil, ranch dressing, Worcestershire sauce, cajun seasoning, salt, lemon juice, white vinegar, pepper, and sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes. Pound chicken breast to 1/2″ thickness. Place chicken in a large ziplock bag, seal, then mash the bag around to coat with the marinade. Refrigerate overnight.
- Spray a baking dish and pour the chicken and marinade in. Preheat the oven to 415-f degrees then bake for 25-30 minutes, until cooked though and the sauce is bubbling.
- To prepare the pasta: Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter, add garlic, half and half, heavy cream, Cajun seasoning, pepper, and parmesan cheese. Whisk together on medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes. The sauce will not be thick, but once you toss it with the pasta it thickens up. In a large bowl, pour the sauce over cooked, drained pasta. Top with Cajun ranch chicken and garnish with extra cheese, if desired.