One of my favorite shrimp recipes ever, Spicy Creole Shrimp Dip is the ultimate appetizer recipe. A spicy, cheesy sauce coats tender, seasoned shrimp. Serve with fresh baguette slices.
I made this for a birthday dinner and everyone loved it. I loved it so much that this one is being added to the family favorites category. Many thanks to Creole Contessa for this recipe. I tweaked it just barely, subbing red onion for her shallots.
Recommended Shrimp Recipes
Spicy Creole Shrimp Dip Recipe
- 8 Inch Square Baking Pan
- 1 lb. large shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 3/4 cups jack cheese grated
- 3/4 cups sharp cheddar cheese freshly grated
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1/8 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 medium bell pepper diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 medium jalapeno seeded, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch cayenne pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- serve with: baguette slices, toasted or not, your preference
- Preheat oven to 375-f degrees.
- Mix seasoning blend together and set aside. Reserve 1 teaspoon of seasoning blend for the vegetables.
- Peel, devein, rinse and pat dry shrimp. Leave tails on 3 shrimp if desired for garnish. Chop remaining shrimp into 3 pieces, season shrimp with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the seasoning blend, mix well and set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat, add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add vegetables and saute for about 5 minutes, season with 1 teaspoon of seasoning blend, mix well. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add shrimp and cook for about 3 minutes only. Remove from heat and place mixture in a large bowl.
- Add cream cheese, mayonnaise and 1 cup of cheese to shrimp mixture and stir well. Place into a greased 8-Inch square oven proof casserole dish, top with remaining cheese and bake at 375-f degrees for 20 minutes.
Recipe source: slightly adapted from Creole Contessa.