Goodness these are some incredibly delicious muffins! These may be my first top recipe of 2014 and we are only a few weeks in. This recipe comes from Creations by Kara. Kara has lots of amazing recipes on her blog so be sure to check it out.
What I love about this recipe is that you can store the unused batter in the fridge until you are ready to make a fresh batch for the day. These muffins are best eaten within two days after you bake them. Heating them up in the microwave makes them over the top delicious. After they bake, I wouldn’t let them sit around any longer than two days. Freeze them if they are already baked, or better yet, only bake enough for what you will eat on a daily basis.
They are absolutely delicious. I cut the recipe in half since I wasn’t sure if I would like the end result and that amount is shown below in the recipe. If you want a larger batch, simply double the amounts. I may actually make a double amount the next time I make these since everyone loved them so much.
Moist and Delicious Bran Muffins
Makes about 2 dozen standard muffins
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup All Bran or Bran Buds
- 2 cups Bran Flakes
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Stir together boiling water and cereals. Add the buttermilk to the cereal mixture.
- In a very large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, then the cereal mixture.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt. Stir in just till blended.
- Spoon into well greased muffin tins. Bake at 375° for about 13-15 minutes. (I used a 1/4 cup scoop, slightly under filled)
- Batter will store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Recipe from Creations by Kara.