These delicious Glazed Kielbasa Pineapple Bites have stood the test of time for being a family favorite in our house. I have been making them for nearly a decade! My son in particular asks for me to make these for most family gatherings and I am happy to oblige. They are super easy to make and taste so good!
Glazed Kielbasa Pineapple Bites Notes
This recipe uses canned pineapple chunks, but if you can get your hands on fresh, ripe pineapple, that would be even tastier.
Try your best to not get the glaze on the toothpicks as it can burn and discolor them. I recommend not using colored toothpicks as the color can bleed through and discolor the pineapple.
An alternative way of preparing this would be to mix the glaze in a bowl and then add the pineapple and kielbasa to the bowl and stir to coat. Place the kielbasa chunks down and top with a piece of pineapple. Finally, add the soaked toothpicks to secure them and bake.
Recommended Popular Appetizers
Super easy and so good! Enjoy!
Glazed Pineapple Kielbasa Bites
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper Sheets
- 14 oz. regular pork or beef Kielbasa, sliced into chunks
- 20 oz. can pineapple chunks, reserve juice
- For the glaze:
- 3 Tbsp. Teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. pineapple juice from can
- for garnish: plain toothpicks
- Soak your toothpicks in water for 20 minutes before baking. Be sure to use plain (not colored) toothpicks. I learned from experience that the colored toothpicks will bleed and discolor the food.
- Preheat oven to 425-f degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a piece of pineapple on top of a slice of kielbasa and place on the parchment lined pan. (I wait to put the toothpicks in until after I glaze. The reason being that if you get glaze on the tops of the toothpicks, it will burn in the oven.)
- In a small bowl combine glaze ingredients. Glaze the kielbasa and pineapple bites. Stick each portion with a plain toothpick.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until hot. Let cool slightly and serve warm.
Recipe from Real Housemoms.