The famous TikTok Grinder Salad Sandwich scaled down a bit to make one large delicious loaf, about 8 servings.
The famous TikTok Grinder Salad Sandwich has been making the rounds everywhere! It is delicious, that’s for sure, so all this hype is warranted.
As I made this recipe, I found that I had a ton of the lettuce mixture left over. The salad is great, don’t get me wrong, but once the lettuce is dressed it is a race against the clock to use it all up. This led to me throwing out a lot of it. 😢 So for my adaption, I scaled back the lettuce and dressing to be a bit more appropriate for one large loaf.
Looking for more TikTok recipes? Check these out!
- TikTok Jalapeno Cucumber Sandwiches
- TikTok Creamy Mayo & Garlic Instant Ramen Hack
- TikTok Strawberry & Cottage Cheese Cheesecake Whip
- TikTok Air Fryer Cream Cheese Churro Bagels
TikTok Grinder Salad Sandwich
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper Sheets
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1/4 large red onion sliced
- 1/2 cup banana peppers sliced
- 1 large loaf Italian bread ciabatta or similar loaf bread
Meat & Cheese:
- 1/3 pound deli ham sliced thin
- 4 ounces salami sliced
- 4 ounces pepperoni sliced
- 5 slices provolone cheese sliced
- 1 large tomato thinly sliced
- dash salt and pepper
- 1 ounce freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400-f degrees.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Store in the fridge until ready to dress the lettuce.
- Prepare the salad ingredients and store in a large mixing bowl. Keep separate from the dressing until the grinder has baked to preserve crispness of lettuce.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Cut the loaf of bread in half. Hollow out some of the bread from each slice to make room for fillings, leaving a perimeter of 1-inch of bread around the edges. Lay pieces out on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Top one cut side with meats and the other with cheese slices. Toast for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is toasty.
- Top the meat half with thinly sliced tomato. Garnish with salt, pepper, and freshly grated Parmesan.
- Mix the dressing and salad mixture until coated well. Top the cheese half of the grinder with the salad mixture. Press the two sides together and firmly press down. Slice into 8 servings and eat immediately.