The classic Chipped Beef Cheese Ball is a no fuss appetizer that goes back decades. Using simple ingredients and preparation, this recipe is perfect for parties.
The humble cheese ball is a long beloved appetizer go to at my house. They are simple, delicious, and as long as you factor in the chill time, you are all set to go with minimal effort for a party.
What is chipped beef? Where can I buy it?
This particular Chipped Beef Cheese Ball is one that has made the rounds for decades. If you aren’t familiar with chipped beef, it is a pressed meat, so it is on the drier side compared to lunch meat. Buddig brand sells affordable packs of 2 oz. sliced beef that can be found in the prepackaged lunchmeat section of most stores.
Serve this cheeseball with your favorite sturdy crackers or with a vegetable tray.
Looking for more cheese ball recipes? Check these out!
- French Quarter Cheese Ball
- Pineapple Cheese Ball
- Cheddar & Chive Cheese Ball
- Doritos Salsa Cheese Ball
Chipped Beef Cheese Ball
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz chipped beef thinly sliced and chopped, divided
- 1/2 cup green onion finely chopped, plus a little extra for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- crackers or raw vegetables for serving
- Place cream cheese, 3/4 of chipped beef, green onion, accent salt, and Worcestershire sauce in a mixing bowl. Form into a ball.
- Roll in the remaining chipped beef and extra green onions. Cover entire ball with cling wrap. Place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour. When ready to serve, remove cling wrap. Serve with crackers or raw vegetables.