Spicy Beef Ramen is a filling and very low carb meal. Utilizing Miracle Noodles, which have zero carbs, you can have a nice, spicy bowl of ramen without the traditional noodles adding in carbs.
Miracle noodles are the key for low carb ramen
Miracle noodles can be found on Amazon or at your local grocery store typically in the produce section. They do not need to be refrigerated. Be sure to follow the directions exactly for the preparation of the noodles — otherwise you might get some unpleasant flavored noodles. They are very quick to prepare, so please don’t skip those steps. While my meat was browning I was able to prepare the noodles in less than 5 minutes, so it is super quick.
Making a thicker broth
If you wanted a thicker sauce, you could try whisking in a pinch of xanthan gum and reducing the sauce a bit. I was tempted to add in a spoonful of hoisin sauce and to add the thickener to the sauce, but I refrained to keep the carb count low.
Recommended Keto/Low Carb Recipes
Add Low Carb Hoisin if you can find it or make it yourself
Hoisin sauce typically has a lot of sugar unless you seek out a low carb bottle or make some at home from a low carb recipe. I didn’t have the time for all that so I skipped it.
Spicy Beef Ramen (Keto/Low Carb)
- 1 pound 80/20 ground beef browned and crumbled
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 (7 ounce) packages Miracle angel hair noodles
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- garnish: red pepper flakes
- optional: Sriracha sauce for more heat. This is not factored in to the nutrition count. You would add 1.3 carbs per teaspoon added.
- If not done already, prepare the ground beef and set aside. In the same pan, saute the onion, garlic, ginger, vegetable and sesame oil. Sauté over medium for several minutes.
- Add the beef broth and soy sauce and simmer for a few minutes. Switch heat to low to keep warm while you prepare noodles.
- Empty and drain the packages of Miracle noodles. Rinse with cold water for 20 seconds and drain in a colander. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add the noodles and cook for 1 minute. Drain and pat dry with a paper towel. Add the noodles to the warm broth mixture. Add in the ground beef, raising the temperature until everything is warmed through. Garnish with chopped green onions and red pepper flakes.