Low Carb Creamy Mini Cheesecakes
For my low carb birthday dinner we enjoyed these adorable Mini Cheesecakes. The taste was fantastic as was the creaminess. These cheesecakes get better and better in the refrigerator. In fact, by day three they were at their best. So creamy and delicious. This would be a great make ahead dessert if you are short on time.
I topped them with a single berry to be festive and for my kids to enjoy, but personally I just had mine with a spoonful of homemade whipped cream on top. I can’t rave enough about this recipe. It is wonderful. Keep reading for other garnish ideas that were a huge hit on these cheesecakes. Enjoy!
Garnish ideas: A spoonful of homemade whipped cream with a teaspoon (or two) of no-carb Blueberry or Strawberry Syrup. This was outstanding! It tasted like the real deal cheesecake to me.
Creamy Mini Cheesecake
Makes 12 servings
Per serving: 3 carbs, 6g protein
- For the crust:
- 3/4 cup of pecan meal (run the pecans through the processor until they turn into very small pieces)
- 1/4 cup no-carb vanilla protein powder (I use the Isopure brand)
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- For the cheesecake:
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tablespoon Torani Sugar Free Vanilla syrup
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Splenda
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350-f.
- In a bowl, mix the pecan meal, protein powder, cinnamon, and melted butter. Stir to thoroughly combine.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners (12).
- Press the crust mixture down into the liners and bake for 5 minutes. Set on counter to cool.
- Cream the cream cheese and eggs. Add the vanilla srup, lemon juice and Splenda. Add this mixture to the crusts and bake for 12-15 minutes, until set.
- Let cool completely at room temperature and then chll in the fridge for at least a few hours. Overnight is even better.
Recipe from Luscious Low Carb.
What can be used in substitute for pecan meal?
I would *guess* any low carb nut but I can't say with 100% certainty. Try googling it 🙂
I used almonds that were finely ground and it worked out just fine. However I had to bake it 3x longer than the recipe called for, because it just wasn't setting up. It tasted ok, but I just really hate it that it took me so long to get back to you! I made this cheesecake for my daughter in law for her birthday, her choice! Love y'all!!
Debra Jean Bradley