Fluffy Pineapple Cookies with Orange Glaze
Cakey and fluffy Pineapple Cookies with Orange Glaze are as tasty as they are pretty. The citrus and pineapple flavors are the perfect sweet treat for Spring and Summer.
These cookies are definitely on the fluffy or cakey side of things, keeping both the texture and taste light and fresh.
Recommended Baking Recipes
Fluffy Pineapple Cookies with Orange Glaze Recipe
Cakey and fluffy Pineapple Cookies with Orange Glaze. Citrus and pineapple flavors are the perfect sweet treat for Spring
- Parchment Paper Sheets
- Baking Sheet
For the cookies:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- freshly grated zest from 1 large or 2 small lemons
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
- 3-1/2 cups flour
For the glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 medium orange zested and juiced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a medium bowl.
- Combine sugar, egg, oil, vanilla, lemon juice, and zest. Whisk until smooth. Stir in half of the flour, mix until just combined, repeat with the pineapple and juice, and finishing with the other half of the flour. Scoop onto parchment paper lined baking sheet by tablespoonfuls (no bigger!). Bake 10-12 minutes, until just barely starting to brown on the bottom edges. Remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack before glazing.
- Whisk together the orange zest, 2 cups of powdered sugar, and 2 Tbsp. of orange juice. If the glaze is too thick, add another Tbsp. of orange juice. When the cookies are completely cooled, dip the tops in the glaze and return to the wire rack to set. Store in an airtight container.
Calories: 122kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 1gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 65mgPotassium: 28mgFiber: 1gSugar: 16gVitamin A: 23IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 13mgIron: 1mg
Loved this recipe?Please consider leaving a 5 star rating and share your feedback in a comment below. Thank you!
Recipe source: Dimples & Delights.
My Husband just came into the kitchen where I was and asked Me what I was doing. When I told Him, I'm coping the recipe to the Fluffy Pineapple Cookies, his reaction was, "Soon, I hope". Looks like I'm gonna have to get the ingredients I need to make these Cookies!
Delicious cookies and so easy to make
These look amazing but I’m not clear on the crushed pineapple with juice. I would think the amount of juice could vary widely each time. How do you measure this out? Do you pour the pineapple and juice right out of the can into the measuring cup or do you spoon it out? Maybe I haven’t had canned crushed pineapple in a while and I’m forgetting what it’s like. Lol. It’s probably more solid/homogeneous than I’m imagining.
Hi Bea- I just spoon it out. 🙂
Just made these and they are absolutely delicious and easy to make.
Thank you so much for the feedback! I am glad you enjoyed the cookies.
Do these freeze well?
Hi Maria – I haven’t frozen them so I can’t say for sure. You could freeze them unfrosted or frosted and see how it goes. Good luck!
I want to make these but I am wondering I make up the batter the night before if they will still turn out right?
The cookie dough should be fine. The colder it is the less it will spread when it bakes. I would try a test cookie and make sure it is to your liking. You could let it warm up a bit to room temp if needed.
if I was to roll it out and bake one big cookie how long would I bake it for
Hi- I personally have no idea but I googled it for you and found this result: