Cakey and fluffy Pineapple Cookies with Orange Glaze are as tasty as they are pretty. The citrus and pineapple flavors are the perfect sweet treat for Spring and Summer.
These cookies are definitely on the fluffy or cakey side of things, keeping both the texture and taste light and fresh.
Recommended Baking Recipes
Fluffy Pineapple Cookies with Orange Glaze Recipe
- Parchment Paper Sheets
- Baking Sheet
For the cookies:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- freshly grated zest from 1 large or 2 small lemons
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
- 3-1/2 cups flour
For the glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 medium orange zested and juiced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a medium bowl.
- Combine sugar, egg, oil, vanilla, lemon juice, and zest. Whisk until smooth. Stir in half of the flour, mix until just combined, repeat with the pineapple and juice, and finishing with the other half of the flour. Scoop onto parchment paper lined baking sheet by tablespoonfuls (no bigger!). Bake 10-12 minutes, until just barely starting to brown on the bottom edges. Remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack before glazing.
- Whisk together the orange zest, 2 cups of powdered sugar, and 2 Tbsp. of orange juice. If the glaze is too thick, add another Tbsp. of orange juice. When the cookies are completely cooled, dip the tops in the glaze and return to the wire rack to set. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe source: Dimples & Delights.