Update 2016: I’ve noticed over the years that banana bread, more so than other breads, has a tendency to burn on the sides and bottom due to the long bake time. After researching how to fix this problem, silicone loaf pans seem to be the answer. I plan on ordering one soon and will update with the results later.
Moist Pineapple Banana Bread
Makes one 8×5-inch loaf
Print Friendly Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/3 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- optional: 1/2 to 1 tsp. pineapple extract
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. Stir in banana, pineapple and coconut (add pineapple extract now if using). Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture just until combined. Spoon into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350-f degrees for 65-70 minutes or until bread test done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack.
Recipe from Taste of Home.