Classic holiday flavors come together in this moist orange quick bread studded with tart cranberries.
One of my favorite flavor combinations for fall and winter has to be cranberry and orange. The sweet and tart flavors pair so well together in this moist, dense (but not too dense) bread.
I recommend baking this the day before you plan to serve it. The flavors develop really well given a little time.
Recommended Fall Favorite Baking Recipes
Moist Orange Cranberry Bread
- 9″x5″ Loaf Pan
- Cooling Rack
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 egg well beaten
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in orange juice, orange peel, shortening and egg. Mix until well blended. Stir in cranberries and walnuts (if using). Spread evenly in loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely. Wrap and store overnight.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate.