This recipe lives up to its name! Packed with fresh cranberries, it is wonderfully moist and delicious.
It is that time of year when we are all flooded with pumpkin recipes, but this recipe, in my humble opinion, is one of the absolute best. It is wonderfully moist and delicious, packed with fresh cranberries.
Make it ahead of time!
I prefer to let a bread like this sit overnight to develop flavor and to get nice and tender.
If you aren’t going to eat both loaves, after the bread has cooled, wrap the extra loaf well and freeze. When you are ready to eat the frozen loaf, set it out on the counter (still wrapped) the night before you plan on eating it and you will be all set to go.
Recommended Holiday Baking Recipes
Libby’s Ridiculously Moist Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice or water
- 1 cup cranberries dried, fresh or frozen cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil and juice in large mixer bowl; beat until just blended. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Prepare as above. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. FOR FIVE OR SIX 5 x 3-INCH MINI-LOAF PANS:
Prepare as above. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
Recipe from Libby.