The famous Neiman Marcus Chicken Salad has a secret ingredient that gives the texture of the salad a wonderfully creamy texture.
What is it ? Freshly whipped cream folded into the chicken, almond and grape salad. It works and it is wonderful. Serve on a bed of curly lettuce, with crackers or on a croissant. It would also be great in a wrap with some leafy greens.
- cubed chicken breast
- purple grapes
- toasted sliced almonds
- chopped parsley
- salt & pepper
- freshly whipped cream
What do I serve chicken salad on?
Chicken salad is wonderful served on sliced bread, croissants, in a wrap or on a bed of greens.
Can I make this the day before?
Since this uses freshly whipped cream, I would suggest making this the same day you plan on serving.
Make it your own
Every palette is different. Taste the chicken salad as you go and add herbs or seasonings as you see fit.
Looking for more lunch recipes? Check these out!
- Lemon Herb Salmon Toasts
- Cheesy Shrimp Ciabatta
- Tomato Cheese Delights
- Strawberry Bruschetta
- Old Fashioned Ham Salad
- Hot Chicken Salad Casserole
- Strawberry Citrus Salad
- Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Braid
Neiman Marcus Chicken Salad
- Stand Mixer
- 1 lb. cooked chicken breasts cut into 1/2″ cubes (About 3 cups total)
- 1 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup halved purple grapes
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds toasted
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped parsley I used 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup freshly whipped cream
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- If you haven’t already done so, toast the almonds (400-f degrees for 7 minutes) and whip heavy whipping cream.
- Combine the chicken, mayonnaise, celery, grapes, almonds, parsley, and salt in a bowl. Add whipped cream and pepper; fold to combine.
- Serve on lettuce or a croissant.
MORE LUNCH RECIPES