Smoked salmon with flavor bursts of lemon, herbs and cream cheese sit on top of toasted rye bread for this wonderful recipe. While this appetizer might seem like a lot of work, it is actually so simple with a huge taste payoff. It is elegant and so delicious. Enjoy!
Lemon-Herb Salmon Toasts
Makes 2 dozen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 24 slices snack rye bread
- 8 ounces smoked salmon or lox
- Optional toppings: Grated lemon zest, coarsely ground pepper and fresh dill sprigs
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, beat the first 8 ingredients. Place bread slices on baking sheets. Broil 4-5 in. from heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Spread with cream cheese mixture; top with lox. Serve with toppings as desired.
Recipe from Taste of Home.