My super quick and delicious recipe for Fried Goat Cheese with Quick Berry Dressing is simple but so satisfying. The slightly melted goat cheese pairs so well with the tart berries and sweet dressing. Enjoy!
Fried Goat Cheese Salad with Quick Berry Dressing
Makes one serving
- For fried goat cheese:
- 3-4 thickly cut slices of goat cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- oil for frying
- For dressing:
- 1/3 cup poppy seed dressing
- several strawberries, raspberries or a combination of both
- For salad:
- 1-2 cups spring salad mix
- strawberries and/or raspberries to garnish
- Prepare the goat cheese for frying. Cut the goat cheese into several thick slices. Dip into the beaten egg to coat, then dredge well in the breadcrumbs, pressing them gently into the cheese to coat thoroughly. Bring a sauté pan over medium heat with cooking oil, vegetable or olive oil, or your preferred oil. Sauté for 1-2 minutes on each side until browned. Set aside.
- Prepare the dressing by blending the poppy seed dressing and berries until smooth. (A small bullet mixer works great for this.)
- Add salad mix into a bowl, dress with the berry dressing. Add goat cheese and berries to garnish.
Recipe from Jam Hands.