This Crunchy Ramen Cabbage Salad topped with a flavorful peanut sauce is a tasty summer go-to!
A fresh and oh so crunchy cabbage salad is mixed with shredded carrots, sliced almonds, sesame seeds and ramen noodles. Top it off with a delicious peanut butter based dressing.
This cabbage salad recipe makes quite a large salad, so feel free to scale it down to feed a smaller crowd.
Looking for more salad recipes?
Crunchy Ramen Cabbage Salad
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper Sheets
- 2-2 1/2 pounds Nappa cabbage washed and cut very thinly
- 5 stalks green onions sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 packages ramen noodles crushed (throw them in a Ziploc and hammer them with something heavy)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Combine the cabbage, green onions and carrots in a large serving bowl. Set aside (or in the fridge).
- In a large saute pan, combine the butter, almonds and sesame seeds. Cook, stirring frequently, until everything becomes lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare the dressing: Combine the dressing ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat. Once combined, bring heat up to medium high and bring to a rolling boil. Boil for one minute and remove from heat. Let cool.
- To serve: Combine all ingredients right before serving. Layer the cabbage down first, then crunchy topping, then the dressing.