Holy cats. This Chinese Cabbage Salad is super delicious. My picture didn’t turn out anywhere near as pretty as Jamie’s at Jamie Cooks It Up! but trust me on this one. Even the super picky eaters loved it and came back for seconds and thirds. Enjoy!
Chinese Cabbage Salad
Makes approx 15 servings
- 2-2 1/2 pounds nappa cabbage, washed and cut very thinly
- 5 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded carrots (optional)
- 3 packages ramen noodles, crushed (throw them in a Ziploc and hammer them with something heavy)
- 1/2 C. butter
- 1/4 C. sliced almonds
- 1/4 C. sesame seeds
- 3/4 C. peanut oil (or 3 T peanut butter + canola oil to equal 3/4 C) *I used the substitution and it turned out amazing. I am gonna use this from now on instead of actual peanut oil
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1/4 C. rice vinegar
- 2 T soy sauce
1. Combine the cabbage, green onions and carrots in a large serving bowl. Set aside (or in the fridge).
2. In a large saute pan, combine the butter, almonds and sesame seeds. Cook, stirring frequently, until everything becomes lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
3. Prepare the dressing: Combine the dressing ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat. Once combined, bring heat up to medium high and bring to a rolling boil. Boil for one minute and remove from heat. Let cool.
4. To serve: Combine all ingredients right before serving. Layer the cabbage down first, then crunchy topping, then the dressing.
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!