As we are slowly but surely moving along towards spring and summer, I find that our household craves more fresh vegetables. Tomato Cheese Delights are the perfect appetizer or side dish featuring ripe tomatoes topped with garlic mayo spread and freshly shredded cheese.
Tomato Cheese Delights
Makes 2-4 servings
- 4 vine ripened tomatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) freshly shredded cheddar cheddar (It is important that it is freshly shredded)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- In a bowl, mix mayonnaise, garlic, black pepper and Italian parsley. Chill until ready to use.
- Slice the tomatoes and let drain for 10 minutes on paper towels. (I would recommend placing a paper towel both on top and underneath)
- After the slices have drained, spread the mayonnaise mixture over each tomato slice. Top generously with shredded cheddar cheese. Arrange on a serving plate and serve.
Recipe by Jam Hands.