Another tasty side dish this Easter was this recipe from Crunchy Pea Salad with Bacon & Cashews. There was one ingredient we skipped, craisins, which I wish we would have added for the extra flavor. All in all, a great side dish, especially for the warm Summer coming up. Enjoy!
Crunchy Pea Salad with Bacon & Cashews
Makes about 8 servings
- 1 10 oz. box frozen sweet peas, thawed and drained
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup chopped greens onions
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup craisins (we skipped this, but I think it would have been great in it)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. of vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. worcestershire sauce.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, pepper, soy sauce and worcestershire sauce together in a bowl.
- Add the mixture to the other ingredients and toss well.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Adapted from Sugar n’ Spice Gals.