More broccoli salad!
The main differences between my previous recipes and this one is that there is no cheese in this recipe and in the other recipes, they use dried fruit (or no fruit at all).
Be sure to let it chill in the fridge for a few hours for the best flavor. Enjoy!
Variation #1 – I omitted the raisins and celery. I added about 1/3 cup very finely diced red onion, about 1/3 cup cherry craisins, about 1/4 cup chopped green onions, extra bacon and used all green grapes. Really, really delicious.
Broccoli, Bacon & Grape Salad
Makes many servings
- 2 heads of fresh broccoli, florets only
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
1. If not already prepared, cook and crumble the bacon. Set aside
2. Combine all the fruit & vegetable ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Prepare dressing: Whisk the mayo, sugar and vinegar in a bowl until smooth. Add the dressing and crumbled bacon to the fruit & vegetable mix. Stir to combine all ingredients. Chill for several hours.
Recipe from a family member.