Buttery cinnamon and sugar “Cinnastix” are a favorite from Domino’s. This copycat recipe creates this delicious treat utilizing premade pizza dough for convenience. Super easy and tasty!
The secret to softer Cinnastix
Most cinnamon stick recipes have you add the cinnamon sugar mixture to the dough and then bake it. In the past I had tried this, and while it was good, it made the topping a little too crunchy.
This time around, inspired by a comment from a former Domino’s employee on a recipe I saw on Food.com, I made my cinnamon sticks according to what the reviewer instructed.
Instead of adding the topping and baking, I brushed the dough with melted butter, baked it, and after it came out of the oven warm I sprinkled it with a cinnamon sugar mixture, then followed up with the icing.
Adjust the icing to suite your tastes
The icing recipe is more of a throw it together and adjust as necessary. The original recipe called for an entire box of powdered sugar which seemed like way too much icing for just one pizza, so I scaled it back.
Enjoy checking out some of my favorite pizza and copycat recipes!
Domino’s Cinnastix Copycat
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper Sheets
- Pizza Cutter
- 1 ball pizza dough unbaked, rolled out into a square or circle
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tsp. cinnamon more if you are a cinnamon fan
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350-f degrees.
- Using a perforated roller or a pizza cutter, cut the dough into strips. Brush the dough with the melted butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes until cooked through, keeping a close eye on it so it doesn’t over bake. Remove from oven.
- While the dough is baking, prepare the icing by combining the icing ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside. If the icing is too thick add a touch more milk.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and stir together well. Sprinkle the mixture over the warm dough. Drizzle with some of the prepared icing and place the rest of the icing in small bowls for dipping. Serve warm.
More delicious cinnamon recipes to check out!