Glazed Pineapple Kielbasa Bites
Makes about 2 dozen
- 1 (14 oz.) regular Kielbasa, sliced
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks, reserve juice
- For the glaze:
- 3 Tbsp. Teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. pineapple juice (from can)
- for garnish: plain toothpicks
- Soak your toothpicks in water for 20 minutes before baking. Be sure to use plain (not colored) toothpicks. I learned from experience that the colored toothpicks will bleed and discolor the food.
- Preheat oven to 425-f degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a piece of pineapple on top of a slice of kielbasa and place on the parchment lined pan. (I wait to put the toothpicks in until after I glaze. The reason being that if you get glaze on the tops of the toothpicks, it will burn in the oven.)
- In a small bowl combine glaze ingredients. Glaze the kielbasa and pineapple bites. Stick each portion with a plain toothpick.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until hot. Let cool slightly and serve warm.
Recipe from Real Housemoms.