Besides making ham and pineapple sandwiches, Ham Salad is my favorite way to use up leftover ham. For a delicious treat, serve this Ham Salad with butter crackers and slices of Swiss cheese. It is crazy delicious. Enjoy!
Old Fashioned Ham Salad
Makes many servings
- 2 cups ham, fat trimmed off and diced
- 1/2 cup miracle whip
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 tsp. dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp. stone ground mustard
- 1 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish (You could use Dill pickle relish instead if you prefer)
- Garnish: Butter crackers and sliced Swiss cheese, cut into squares
1. Dice the ham into small 1/2" cubes. Add all of the remaining ingredients except for the relish to a food processor and pulse until chunky. (You want it to be smooth enough to spread on crackers, but not so smooth that it becomes a paste. Check every few pulses and watch closely to get the desired consistency).
2. Transfer the spread to a mixing bowl and stir in relish. Serve with crackers and Swiss cheese.
Recipe by Jam Hands. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.