Simple and oh so delicious, Easy Cheesy BBQ Kielbasa with Roasted Potatoes keeps the calories lighter by using turkey kielbasa. Velveeta Shreds or your favorite shredded cheese with barbecue sauce give this meal a delicious flavor.
Dinners that require 10 minutes or less to prepare and pop in the oven are my go to lately. I absolutely loved these roasted potatoes, onions, and bell peppers when topped with barbecue sauce and shredded cheese.
This recipe makes 4 servings at 400 calories per serving, making it a lighter caloric option for dinner while still filling you up.
Use your favorite barbecue sauce for this recipe. If you wanted to save some calories, sugar free is an option. I went with what I had on hand, Sweet ‘n Spicy Sweet Baby Ray’s. I also opted for Velveeta Shreds for the cheese, which I highly recommend. It melted so well! Creamy and cheesy, just what I wanted.
Looking for more quick & easy dinner recipes?
Easy Cheesy BBQ Kielbasa with Roasted Potatoes
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper Sheets
- 1.5 pounds about 3 large Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 medium red onion peeled and quartered, layers separated
- 2 large red or orange bell peppers seeds removed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- extra virgin olive oil cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 13 oz. Hillshire Farm Turkey Kielbasa cut into bite sized chunks
Garnish – Use more or less for your preference:
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce I used Sweet ‘n Spicy Sweet Baby Ray’s
- 1/2 cup Velveeta Shreds or shredded cheddar cheese I highly recommend the Velveeta Shreds if you can get them
- Cut the potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Keep in mind if you cut them larger that they will take longer to cook. Preheat oven to 375-f degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onions, peppers, olive oil spray, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well to be sure everything is coated lightly with oil and seasoned evenly. Pour onto the prepared baking sheet and place in the center of the oven; bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, stir the vegetable mixture around on the baking sheet, then add the sliced kielbasa chunks. Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until your potatoes are cooked through.
- Once the potatoes are cooked through, add the barbecue sauce over the top of the vegetables evenly. Top with shredded cheese and bake for 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and sauce is warmed through. Serve hot.