This Pot Roast KFC Bowl Casserole is perfect for chilly winter seasons. Comforting and filling, it can be made with leftover pot roast if you prefer, otherwise make the roast the same day in the slow cooker.
Fall is finally here and what better way to embrace the cooling weather than to make a comforting casserole. A base of potatoes are topped with corn, cheese, pot roast and gravy, then quickly baked to warm it all through.
This KFC Bowl Casserole can be made even simpler by using up leftover pot roast and gravy in your fridge.
- 3lb. pot roast + gravy
- Ranch mix envelope, brown gravy envelope, Italian dressing mix envelope
- cornstarch and cold water to make a cornstarch slurry
- instant mashed potatoes
- canned sweet corn
- shredded cheese
- optional: small bag of baby carrots. Throw them in the last 2 hours of cooking if using then remove and set to the side when you shred the pot roast
Looking for more casserole recipes?
Pot Roast “KFC Bowl” Casserole
- 3 pound beef roast
- 1 envelope ranch dressing mix
- 1 envelope Italian seasoning and dressing mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons cold water
- 2 packages instant mashed potatoes any flavor, prepared as directed on the package
- 15 ounce can sweet corn drained. If you prefer add a small amount of butter for flavor
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese a cheddar jack combo is also great
- 3+ cups shredded pot roast with gravy use extra if you'd like
- Lightly grease slow cooker. Set to low. Place roast in slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the dressings and gravy mix with water. Stir well. Pour over the roast. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or until the roast easily shreds and is tender. If it is still tough, it needs to cook longer.
- Using a large slotted spoon, separate the beef from the juices, reserving the juice. Shred the beef with two forks. Pour the roast juices into a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Create a cornstarch slurry using 2 Tablespoons cornstarch and 1 Tablespoon cold water. Stir well to combine then add to warmed roast juices. Bring to a simmer until gravy thickens. Add more cornstarch slurry if you’d like it thicker. Add the finished gravy back to the shredded beef.
- Preheat the oven to 375-f degrees.
- Prepare the instant potatoes according to package directions and let sit for 5 minutes to fully absorb the liquids. Spray a 9×13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray, then add the mashed potatoes, smooth them evenly in the dish.
- Add the drained corn on top of the potatoes. Add the shredded cheese next. Finally add the shredded beef and gravy.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until warmed through.