I’m not even gonna pretend that this anything but what I call “Trash Food.” Every once in a while trash food is the best kind of food, comforting and totally delicious. Chicken Doritos Casserole fits that description perfectly. Enjoy!
Chicken Doritos Casserole
Makes about 6 servings
Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheese (or more if you are a cheese hound)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can Ro-tel tomatoes, drained (canned tomatoes with jalepenos-mild)
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning (or more- to taste)
- Bag of regular nacho cheese Doritos
- Preheat oven to 350-f degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except Doritos.
- In a greased 2 qt baking dish, put a layer of crushed Doritos (about 2 cups), then a layer of the chicken mixture. Repeat once more, ending with a layer of chicken mixture. Top with more shredded cheese, cover, and bake for 30-35 minutes, till bubbling hot.
Source: Domestic Chicky