Chicken Doritos Casserole combines shredded chicken, cheese, cream of chicken soup, taco seasoning and Rotel. Served over Doritos for a comforting meal. This recipe dates back to my earlier years of food blogging, back around 2011.
One thing real quick. Did you come here from pinterest expecting the recipe for this picture? You aren’t alone!
There was a pin that went viral on Pinterest where whoever pinned it accidentally pinned this wrong image to the post for Chicken Doritos Casserole. The correct images for Chicken Doritos Casserole follow below.
The image on the left is for Hot Chicken Salad Casserole. If you would like to check out the recipe that image actually goes with, check it out here. It is really delicious! It uses a pie crust as a base and is ultra cheesy.
Every once in a while this indulgent food is the best kind of food, comforting and totally delicious. Chicken Doritos Casserole fits that description perfectly.
- shredded chicken
- shredded cheddar cheese
- cream of chicken soup
- milk & sour cream
- can Rotel tomatoes
- taco seasoning
- nacho cheese Doritos
Chicken Doritos Casserole Notes
Since the chicken mixture is combined with the Doritos and baked, some of the chips will get a bit softer. If this bothers you, feel free to prepare the recipe as directed but set aside the chips while cooking. You could add them during the last few minutes on top if you liked to warm them up, or simply add them to your plate and scoop the chicken mixture on top.
Looking for more cheesy recipes? Check these out!
Chicken Doritos Casserole
- 8 Inch Square Baking Pan
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded or cubed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes drained
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning or more- to your tastes
- 11 ounce bag of regular nacho cheese Doritos
- Preheat oven to 350-f degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except Doritos.
- In a greased 8"x8" baking dish, put a layer of Doritos (about 2 cups), then a layer of the chicken mixture. Repeat once more, ending with a layer of chicken mixture. Top with more shredded cheese, cover, and bake for 30-35 minutes, till bubbling hot. Alternatively, to keep the chips crunchier, you can omit them from the casserole recipe and simply spoon the cooked and heated chicken filling over a plate of the Doritos. Either way works, it is a matter of preference.