Chicken Doritos Casserole combines shredded chicken, cheese, cream of chicken soup, taco seasoning and Rotel. Served ove Doritos for a comforting meal.
Every once in a while this indulgent food is the best kind of food, comforting and totally delicious. Chicken Doritos Casserole fits that description perfectly.
Chicken Doritos Casserole Notes
Since the chicken mixture is combined with the Doritos and baked, some of the chips will get a bit softer. If this bothers you, feel free to prepare the recipe as directed but set aside the chips while cooking. You could add them during the last few minutes on top if you liked to warm them up, or simply add them to your plate and scoop the chicken mixture on top.
Recommended Chicken Casseroles
Chicken Doritos Casserole
- 8 Inch Square Baking Pan
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded or cubed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes drained
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning or more- to your tastes
- 11 ounce bag of regular nacho cheese Doritos
- Preheat oven to 350-f degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except Doritos.
- In a greased 8"x8" baking dish, put a layer of Doritos (about 2 cups), then a layer of the chicken mixture. Repeat once more, ending with a layer of chicken mixture. Top with more shredded cheese, cover, and bake for 30-35 minutes, till bubbling hot. Alternatively, to keep the chips crunchier, you can omit them from the casserole recipe and simply spoon the cooked and heated chicken filling over a plate of the Doritos. Either way works, it is a matter of preference.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate.
Recipe source: Domestic Chicky