This comforting chicken casserole recipe comes from my mom. It utilizes some shortcuts, like a rotisserie chicken and frozen broccoli spears. It is ultra comforting and a delicious meal I loved growing up and my kiddos love now. Enjoy!
Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
Makes 6-8 servings
- 2 boxes frozen broccoli spears
- 1 rotisserie chicken, chicken pieces removed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 (10.5 oz. each) cans cream of chicken soup (I have used a mixture of cream of chicken soup, cream of chicken and mushroom soup, and cream of celery. All were delicious.)
- 1 can mayo (use empty cream of chicken soup can)
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cups plain dried breadcrumbs
- Spray a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with cooking spray.
- Thaw and drain broccoli spears in a colander. Place in bottom of baking dish. Alternatively you can use a bag of steamer vegetables. Prepare as directed on the bag and pour into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Tear apart roaster chicken into bite sized chunks. Add chicken pieces on top of broccoli.
- Mix cream of chicken soup with mayo and paprika. Spread on chicken. Top with cheese.
- Melt butter in skillet and add dried breadcrumbs. Mix. Toast lightly in pan until butter is melted and incorporated.Add breadcrumb mixture to top of cheese.
- Bake at 350-f degrees for 30 minutes.
Recipe from my mom.