Moist Lemon Lava Cake is a delicious lemon cake that bakes up with a layer of lemon pudding at the bottom. Top with powdered sugar and whipped cream.
Lemon cake mix and instant lemon pudding are the key ingredients to make this delicious Lemon Lava Cake, served warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
The cake mix is prepared and poured into a baking pan. Prepare the instant lemon pudding and pour over the cake batter, but resist the urge to spread it or try to mix it in. It will sink to the bottom of the cake as it bakes and create a lovely lemon sauce.
Looking for more lemon dessert recipes?
- Lemon Supreme Rice Krispies Treats
- Olive Garden Inspired Lemon Cream Cake
- Strawberry Lemonade Layer Cake
- Lemon Gooey Bars
Lemon Lava Cake
- 9″x13″ Baking Pan
- Baking Sheet
- 1 box (18 oz.) lemon cake mix plus ingredients to make it (eggs, oil, water)
- 2 boxes (3.4 oz. each) instant lemon pudding & pie filling
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- dusting of powdered sugar
- whipped cream, Cool Whip or vanilla ice cream
- Prepare cake mix as directed on box. Pour cake mixture into greased 9X13 baking pan.
- Combine dry pudding, milk, sugar, water, and lemon juice in bowl. Whisk together for 2 minutes until well combined and slightly thickened.
- Pour pudding mixture over cake mixture in pan. Do not spread it.
- Place baking pan onto a cookie sheet to catch any drips while baking. Bake at 350 for 55 minutes to an hour.
- Allow to cool 20 minutes while sauce thickens slightly. Dust with powdered sugar. Top with whipped cream, Cool Whip or vanilla ice cream.