Sweetness and spice come together in delicious tuna salad. Serve with crunchy cucumber slices. 180 calories per serving with 32g of protein.
Are there any Sweet and Spicy tuna fans out there? Starkist makes small pouches that you can buy, but today I’m sharing with you my creation to make it at home with only 2 ingredients.
I think it is a great substitute for the premade variety and cheaper to boot. Additionally, by making it yourself you can control the spiciness level by using less or more.
The key to this is to pick up a bottle of Honey Sriracha Seasoning from the Good & Gather brand at Target. You can find this in store with the other dried spice blends or order it online.
Besides mixing this spice blend with tuna with this, you could also add it to chicken, eggs, and salmon. There are a lot of possibilities!
I went a step further to make a tuna salad with it, using light mayo and sweet relish, though you can use regular relish if you prefer. Serve with sliced cucumber, a few pieces of romaine to make a ‘tuna boat’ or mini naan. Enjoy!
Sweet and Spicy Tuna Salad – Low Calorie, High Protein
Spicy Tuna Salad
- 12 ounce canned tuna in water drained
- 1/2 teaspoon honey sriracha seasoning I found mine at Target in the dry seasonings section, also found online
- 1 tablespoon low fat mayo
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish or regular
- cucumber slices
- Mix all tuna salad ingredients together. Check for seasoning, add more honey sriracha seasoning if desired. Serve with sliced cucumber slices.