Sweetness and spice come together in delicious tuna salad. Serve with crunchy cucumber slices. 180 calories per serving with 32g of protein.
Are there any Sweet and Spicy tuna fans out there? Starkist makes small premade tuna pouches that you can buy, but today I’m sharing with you my creation to make it at home with only 2 ingredients. If you add mayo and relish to this, you’ve got flavorful tuna salad in a flash.
- canned tuna
- honey sriracha seasoning
- low fat mayo
- sweet pickle relish
A cheaper option than buying prepackaged
I think it is a great substitute for the premade variety and cheaper to boot. Additionally, by making it yourself you can control the spiciness level by using less or more.
Looking for more healthy recipes? Check these out!
- 3 Ingredient Caramel Apple Grape Salad
- Turkey Wrap with Greek Yogurt Ranch
- Banana with Cottage Cheese and Honey
- Chocolate and Zucchini Protein Muffins
The secret spice!
The key to this is to pick up a bottle of Honey Sriracha Seasoning from the Good & Gather brand at Target. You can find this in store with the other dried spice blends or order it online.
What else can I use this spice blend in?
Besides mixing this spice blend with tuna with this, you could also add it to chicken, eggs, and salmon. There are a lot of possibilities!
I went a step further to make a tuna salad with it, using light mayo and sweet relish, though you can use regular relish if you prefer. Serve with sliced cucumber, a few pieces of romaine to make a ‘tuna boat’ or mini naan.
Sweet and Spicy Tuna Salad
Spicy Tuna Salad
- 12 ounce canned tuna in water drained
- 1/2 teaspoon honey sriracha seasoning I found mine at Target in the dry seasonings section, also found online
- 1 tablespoon low fat mayo
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish or regular
- cucumber slices
- Mix all tuna salad ingredients together. Check for seasoning, add more honey sriracha seasoning if desired. Serve with sliced cucumber slices.