Simple but surprising delicious, Banana with Cottage Cheese and Honey is a filling breakfast or side dish with 275 calories and 13 grams of protein.
Today I wanted to share with you a simple recipe that really surprised me with how tasty it is. Cottage cheese, sliced banana and honey are all you need to make this filling dish, which is perfect for breakfast or a snack. At just under 300 calories it keeps things light while still filling you up.
More fruit recipes:
What additional toppings would go well on Banana with Cottage Cheese?
- chocolate chips (1 Tablespoon is 70 calories)
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- powdered peanut butter (mix with water according to directions, 2 Tablespoons is 50 calories)
- crumbled graham cracker
For the past few months I have been aiming to eat healthier. My focus being reducing my calories while increasing protein. There hasn’t been a lot of cooking going on but I wanted to share some of my favorite meals on the site for anyone looking for filling meals that are on the lower end of calories. Enjoy!
Low Calorie Banana with Cottage Cheese and Honey
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 5 oz. large banana, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Add the cottage cheese to a bowl. Add sliced banana and drizzle with honey. Serve immediately.