These delicious Cheddar Beer Burgers with Dijon Onions feature beer mixed into both the patties and Dijon onions.
Moist and flavorful burgers courtesy of Mix and Match Mama. Be careful not to over work the meat. Just mix lightly until combined. The raw patties might feel a little loose, but they come together very well and make a nice, solid burger once cooked.
Looking for more burgers?
- Jalapeno Popper Burgers
- Barbecue Avocado Burgers
- Low Carb Cheeseburger Meatloaf
- Burgers with Pimento Spread
Cheddar Beer Burgers with Dijon Onions
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 bottle beer Divided, 1/3 cup for burgers, 1/3 cup for onions
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 small onion thinly sliced into rings
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Burger Buns
- Combine ground beef, 1/3 cup of beer, and a liberal pinch of salt and pepper and mix together. Separate meat mixture into four sections and shape each section into a burger patty.
- Grill your burger patties over medium-high heat about 6 minutes on each side or until the middles are cooked to 165-f degrees. While the burgers cook, start cooking the onions.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the sliced onions in the olive oil. Once the onions start to soften, about 5 minutes, stir in Dijon mustard and remaining 1/3 cup of beer. Reduce heat to low and let the onions sauté until the burgers are done (just a few minutes).
- Top each burger with a slice of cheese about a minute before you pull them off the grill. Add to the hamburger buns and top with onions.