Moist and flavorful burgers courtesy of Mix and Match Mama. Be careful not to over work the meat. Just mix lightly until combined. The raw patties might feel a little loose, but they come together very well and make a nice, solid burger once cooked. Enjoy!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 bottle of beer (Divided, 1/3 cup for burgers, 1/3 cup for onions)
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Cheddar Cheese, 1 slice per burger
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Salt and Pepper (S&P)
- Burger Buns
- Preheat your outdoor grill to medium-high or preheat your indoor grill pan.
- Combine your ground beef, 1/3 cup of beer, and a liberal pinch of salt and pepper and mix together. Separate meat mixture into four sections and shape each section into a burger patty.
- Grill your burger patties about 6 minutes on each side or until done to your likeness.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute your chopped onion in a drizzle of EVOO. Once the onions start to caramelize (about 5 minutes or so), stir in your Dijon mustard and a good splash of beer (like another 1/3 cup or so). Reduce heat to low and let your onions saute until your burgers are done (just a few minutes).
- Top each burger with a slice of cheese about a minute before you pull them off the grill. Add to the hamburger buns and top with onions.
Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.