This tasty burger came about when I was asked by Sweet Baby Ray’s to come up with a recipe for the football season. Before I start with the recipe, I feel the need to talk about promoted posts.
I am very stingy when it comes to promoting brands. You may have noticed that I pimp out companies….ah… almost never. I only mention specific brands by name if my family loves their products and buys them pretty much exclusively.
In fact, this Summer I made a quick Blueberry Jalapeno BBQ Sauce using Sweet Baby Ray’s as my sauce base and it turned out delicious.
This is all to show you that I am a huge fan of this company and their products are the only barbecue sauce our family buys. I was paid to come up with a recipe and post about it, but all the opinions are my own.
Onto the burger! Right off the bat, it is important for you to note that this is a recipe for burgers meant to be made in pan, not on the grill. They will fall apart easily on the grill so please save yourself the frustration and make these in a pan on the stove.
I chose to use a Sweet Vidalia Onion barbecue sauce to flavor these delicious burgers. Also mixed into the meat is shredded Monterey Jack cheese. You can feel free to skip the special sauce if you’d like and top it with more barbecue sauce, but I’ve included that recipe as well.
If you are ready to make this flavorful burger, you can snag a coupon for a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray’s by participating in a contest they have running on facebook called “Pass the Sauce.” By participating you’ll also have a chance to win year’s supply of barbecue sauce as well, which is pretty awesome. Grab a coupon and get cookin’! Enjoy!
Barbecue, Monterey Jack & Avocado Burgers
Makes about 6-8 burgers
- For the burger:
- 2 lbs ground beef 85/15
- 1/2 cup of grated Monterrey Jack cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s – Sweet Vidalia Onion)
- salt and pepper
- For the sauce:
- 3/4 cup of mayo
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup relish
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire
- Garnish: ripe avocado slices, lettuce, any other burger toppings you enjoy
- Hamburger buns, toasted with butter
- Toast the burger buns with butter until golden brown. Set aside.
- Combine the ground beef, grated cheese, bbq sauce, and seasonings. Shape into patties.
- Heat a saute pan to medium, add a pat of butter and cook patties for about 4-6 minutes per side. Be careful your heat isn’t too high or the burger can burn. (Note: Don’t cook these on the grill, they will fall apart)
- To make the sauce: Combine all ingredients and whisk until well mixed. Taste and adjust ingredients to your liking.
- Assemble the burgers and serve with avocado slices, more cheese, lettuce and anything else you love.
Recipe adapted from Little Miss Momma.