This simple and tasty sandwich, which I spotted over at She Wears Many Hats, comes together quickly and is perfect for a quick week night dinner. Chicken, bacon, cheese and honey mustard – you can’t go wrong there. I recommend toasting the buns and using good quality ingredients. Since this sandwich is so simple, it’s important to use the best you can find. Enjoy!
The Southern Bird Dog Sandwich
Makes 4 sandwiches
- 4 hot dog buns (toasted if desired)
- 3 pieces of cooked & crumbled bacon
- 4 fried chicken tenders, prepared
- 4 tablespoons shredded cheese
- for garnish: honey mustard
- Preheat oven on broil.
- Layer crumbled bacon in the bottom of the hotdog buns.
- Cut the chicken fingers in half lengthwise and place in the toasted buns. Srinkle with cheese. Place on baking sheet under broiler for about 1 minute to melt cheese.
- Top with honey mustard. Serve warm.
Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties. Recipe from She Wears Many Hats.