For this Broccoli Salad I was trying to recreate a side dish my sister-in-law brings to a lot of our parties. A lot of broccoli salads have cheese, nuts, grapes or dried cranberries. This one has a delicious, crisp apple, with red onion, celery and crumbled bacon. I adapted a recipe I found at The Kitchen is My Playground for this.
In the original recipe, it calls for 1 head of broccoli, which vary in size. I had two smaller heads of broccoli so I ended up bumping up the dressing to 1 cup of mayo with just a pinch more sugar and about 1 tsp extra apple cider vinegar in order to get everything a light coating of dressing. Enjoy!
Broccoli Apple Salad
Makes about 8 servings
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced small
- 1 cup celery, diced small
- 1 apple, sweet variety, diced small
- 8 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (optional- I skipped)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1. Combine salad ingredients in large bowl. In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients and whisk until combined; pour over salad and toss. Serve chilled.
Recipe adapted from The Kitchen is My Playground.
Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties. Sharing this recipe at the Recipe Lion Blog Hop - Summer Potluck Recipes.