Tasty and refreshing. I prefer cheddar to mozzarella and I also skip adding any olives. The great thing about this sort of side dish is that it is easy to customize to fit your tastes.
Italian Deli Pasta Salad
Makes about 8 servings
- 8 oz. mini farfalle pasta
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, diced
- 1/3 cup pepperocini rings, chopped
- 1/2 c. diced cheddar cheese (or mozzarella)
- 1/2 pkg pepperoni, cut the pieces in half
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 (6 oz.) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 c. Italian salad dresing
- optional: olives
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and set aside while you prepare the vegetables.
2. Prepare all the vegetables and cheese. Toss with the pasta and the salad dressing. Let chill for several hours and serve.
Recipe from my mom.