Tender and spicy roasted potato wedges are easy to prepare and are a delicious, fit for all occasions sort of side dish. The recipe calls for olive oil but I just happened to have a little bacon grease so I used that instead. Delicious!
If you can handle it, the gorgonzola sauce that I’ve posted previously goes perfectly with these spicy potatoes. Pour it over the hot, cooked potatoes and stir to combine. The gorgonzola pieces will melt, becoming gooey and amazing.
Be sure to check out all of the other Mardi Gras recipes that have been posted recently by following the link here. Enjoy!
Roasted Cajun Potato Wedges
Makes 4 servings
- 3 medium potatoes (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, cut into 6 wedges (cut onion in half, then cut each half into 3 wedges)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or bacon grease
- 1-2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning (1 teaspoon was plenty spicy for my tastes)
- Optional gorgonzola sauce: 1/2 cup mayo mixed 2-3 Tablespoons milk. Stir well then add in 1/3 cup gorgonzola crumbles. Pour over cooked, hot potatoes. Stir gently to coat. Serve warm.
- Cut each potato lengthwise into eight wedges (If using smaller potatoes, cut each into 4 wedges); place in a greased 9×13-inch baking pan. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning; toss to coat.
- Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring half way through.
Recipe by Jam Hands.