Cozy on up with a bowl of delicious Old Fashioned Goulash. This is the perfect meal for a cold night. Filling, comforting and extra tasty when topped with freshly shredded cheddar cheese.
Many thanks to Julia Pacheco for this recipe. Check out her site for tons of wonderful dinner recipes!
Looking for more beef dinner recipes?
Old Fashioned Goulash with Cheddar Cheese
- Dutch Oven or Large cooking pot with lid
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small white onion diced
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 30 oz tomato sauce
- 30 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 each bay leaves
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked elbow pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese freshly shredded is best
- To a large Dutch oven or large pot add the ground beef and cook through. Once cooked remove any access grease. Add the diced onion and minced garlic. Cook for 4 minutes, until soft. Add the beef broth, water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and seasonings. Stir well.
- Simmer covered for 20 minutes. Stir in the pasta and continue to simmer while covered, stirring frequently for an additional 20-25 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Remove from heat and top with cheese.